GREEN RIVER — The Sweetwater County Commissioners will discuss the acceptance of a 4,000 sq. ft. modular building from Jonah Energy, LLC to Southwest Counseling Service.
The building is currently located about 21 miles south of Boulder, WY. The building would need to be relocated and, in order to comply with City of Rock Springs building codes, be placed on a fixed foundation with proper supports.
Plan One Architects evaluated the building and said in a letter provided in the agenda packet that the building had little issues with compliance to code.
The architect went on to say that when compared to the cost of constructing a new building, the process of relocating, refurbishing, and modernizing the modular building was a feasible option.
By the provided estimates, new construction of a similar building would cost between $860,000 and $940,000.
The cost of relocating, refurbishing, and modify the donated building would cost between $150,000 and $200,000.
The meeting is at 8:30 am on Tuesday, Feb. 6 at the Sweetwater County Courthouse Commissioners Chambers.
The main agenda is as follows:
- 8:30 am – Transfer of retail liquor license
- 8:40 am – Commissioner comments
- 9:40 am – Approve letter to the Sweetwater Democratic Party Central Committee notifying them that a vacancy exists in the Office of the Sweetwater County Assessor
- 9:45 am – Realignment of Board of Directors Area for Weed & Pest
- 9:55 am – BLM Application for the assignment of the Airport Road Right-Of-Way (WYO370)
- 10:00 am – Request letter of support for the Southwest Counseling Service’s Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Grant Application
- 10:05 am – Request acceptance of donated modular building from Jonah Energy, LLC to Southwest Counseling Services
- 10:10 am – Approval of the 2018 High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Sub-Recipient Grant Agreement
- 10:15 am – Request to replace vacant position in the Detention Center
View the full agenda and packet here.