ROCK SPRINGS — The repurposing of Lincoln Elementary, which translates into possibly not using the building as an elementary school in the future, will the topic of a public forum tomorrow.
Sweetwater County School District #1 will host a public forum where the public can provide input and ask questions about how that transition would be accomplished.
The forums will be 7 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. on Thursday, February 16th at the Central Administration Building, 3550 Foothill Blvd.
Repurposing the building was one idea that came out the Cost Cutting Task Force, a group of community members that provided public input on how to trim $3.7 million from the district’s budget.
Other suggestions on how to cut costs include:
- Change the insurance plan
- Move to a 4-day school week
- Reduce substitute wages
- Start kindergarten with first through fourth grade
- Provide incentives for unused leave and professional development days
- Reduce amount of paper, copying, and printing costs
- “Pay to play” for activities
- Reduce staff