ROCK SPRINGS — The Rock Springs Fire Department and 1st Bank are teaming up for a Child Passenger Seat Check today. The event runs until 2:00 p.m. and 1st bank is treating everyone to BBQ in the lobby.
The RSFD certified technicians inspect the installation and condition of their child safety seat. If a seat is on recall or is past its expiration date, the department assists them with the installation of a new seat.
If the parent or caregiver does not have a child safety seat, the program provides low or no cost safety seats. The goal is to have the child leave the inspection station safer than when they arrived.
The best choices for a child restraint system in a passenger vehicle is:
- A rear-facing car safety seat for most infants up to 2 years of age.
- A forward-facing car safety seat for most children through 4 years of age.
- A belt-positioning booster seat for most children through 8 years of age.
- A lap-and-shoulder seat belt for all that have outgrown a booster seat.
- In addition children younger than 13 years of age should ride in the rear seat of a vehicle.
If you need help with the installation on your Child Safety Seat, please contact the Rock Springs Fire Department at 307-352-1475 to set up an appointment with one of their Child Passenger Safety Technicians.
Additionally 1st Bank donated $500 towards funding the program.