ROCK SPRINGS — Last night the newly installed wood-fired grill at Applebee’s in Rock Springs triggered the Ansul system in the kitchen. The system deployed fire retardant powder in response to the perceived fire.
According to General Manager Courtney Gillmer the restaurant called in a clean-up crew to deal with the mess. They also removed all food from the store and replaced it with fresh stock to avoid any potential contamination.
The health and fire inspection have taken place and the restaurant is open for business.