Now is your chance to become a certified Water Safety Instructor.
Each year the American Red Cross teaches more than 2 million children and adults to swim. Red Cross Water Safety Instructors are in demand throughout the country and certification is recognized nationwide, so you can work wherever you go.
Sign up to become certified at
the Green River Rec Center.
Here are just a few of the many reasons to become a certified Water Safety Instructor:
- Have fun working in the pool with your friends and peers
- Gain terrific work experience as an aquatics professional
- Earn money, or join a volunteer team, while teaching people to swim
- Gain the respect of your peers
- Learn leadership and teaching skills that will help you in any career
- Make a difference in others’ lives as well as your own
- Teach skills that may save a life
Here’s what you’ll be able to teach as a Water Safety Instructor:
- Learn-to-Swim (Levels 1-6)
- Parent and Child Aquatics
- Water Safety Presentations
It’s more than just a job… it’s an experience that can help save a life.
- Monday, April 24 (prerequisite evaluation), 5–6:30 pm
- Tuesday-Friday, April 25-28, 5-8 pm
- Saturday, April 29, 9 am–4 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday, May 2 & 4, 5-8:30 pm
- Friday, May 5, 4–9 pm
*Students must attend all classes*
Each participant will pay $130 to Green River Parks and Recreation to register (includes WSI manual, Swimming and Water Safety manual, and Longfellow’s WHALE Tales K-6 Educational Packet and Longfellow’s WHALE Tales DVD).
Register by 9 pm on Friday, April 21 at the Green River Recreation Center.
*Must be 16 years or older, able to tread water and back float for one minute and swim front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke for 25 yds. each, and butterfly for 15 yds.
If ADA accommodations are needed, please call 307-872-0511, or fax us at 307-872-0509.
Paid Advertisement - This post was paid for by the business or individual represented above. We reserve the right to remove any comments. If you'd like to advertise your business in a future promotion similar to this, call our Advertising Team at 307-922-0700 or send us a message.