Cigarette Believed To Be Cause of House Fire In Green River

Views

GREEN RIVER — Officers of the Green River Police Department, Green River Fire Department, and Castle Rock Ambulance Service were dispatched to a report of a residential fire on the morning of September 13th, at 1:17 a.m. on South 2nd East Street.

Officers attempted to contact neighbors and provided traffic control, while the fire department extinguished the fire.

No injuries were reported, and the fire appeared to be the result of a disposed cigarette in a planter on the front porch.

Advertisement - Story continues below...

The Green River Fire Department was on scene until approximately 3:30 a.m.

Photo courtesy of Nancy Rider.