SWEETWATER COUNTY — Sweetwater County Public Health is continuing to follow the phased COVID-19 vaccination plan provided by the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH).
According to a press release from public health, “We are aware that at the Federal level the recommendations for Phase 1b include 65+ and persons with health conditions. We are still waiting on guidance from the WDH before we can change our current vaccination phases. We are not scheduling individuals 65-69 or those with health conditions.”
Phase 1b is currently in review at the state level and public health hopes to have an update soon. At this time, Phase 1b has not changed.
As soon as public health has new guidance, they will inform the public.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.