ROCK SPRINGS – The Economic Restructuring committee of the Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency (URA) is pleased announce the recipients of the Downtown First Awards.
The Downtown First Awards recognize businesses, organizations and individuals who put downtown first through their commitments of time, advocacy and resources. The community was invited to nominate businesses, organizations, and individuals deserving of recognition.
An independent selection committee then reviewed all of the nominations, selecting one winner in each category. There were nearly 50 total nominations so narrowing in on one winner per category was no easy task. Winners were announced and the awards presented at the Rock Springs Main Street/URA’s annual volunteer recognition on April 13.
• Outstanding Large Business – RSNB Bank (200 2nd Street)
(with 10+ employees)
• Outstanding Small Business – Daniels Jewelry (617 Broadway)
(with fewer than 10 employees)
• Outstanding New Business/Merchant – Angels Antiques and Things (517 Rennie)
This award is presented to a business or merchant located within the Downtown Rock Springs focus area that has opened or relocated to the district in 2015.
• Outstanding Nonprofit Organization – Sweetwater Family Resource Center (538 Pilot Butte)
This award is presented to a 501(c)(3) organization within the Downtown Rock Springs focus area.
• Better Rock Springs Beautification Award – Boschetto’s European Market (617 Broadway)
This award is presented to a business or property owner within the Downtown Rock Springs focus area that has made improvements to his/her property or who has otherwise contributed to the beautification of Downtown Rock Springs
• Outstanding Individual – Regina Webb (City of Rock Springs) (within a Company or Organization)
This award is presented to an individual who, as a representative of his/her company or organization, serves to enhance the downtown experience.
• Outstanding Volunteer – Trina Dennis Brittain
This award is presented to an individual or group whose volunteerism within the Downtown Rock Springs focus area enhances the downtown experience
The Rock Springs Main Street/URA is charged with the redevelopment of Downtown Rock Springs. As part of their mission, there are four standing committees – Economic Restructuring, Organization, Promotions and Design. For more information visit DowntownRS.com or call 307-352-1434.