GREEN RIVER — Wildlife managers with the Wyoming Game and Fish Department have decided to canceling the annual deer mortality surveys due to COVID-19 constraints.
The mortality surveys assess how the previous winter has affected the Wyoming Range and Uinta mule deer herds of western Wyoming.
This would have been the 27th year of the event. However, if you have participated in this event in the past, and have filled out a Game and Fish volunteer form, you may still be able to assist in a mortality survey of sorts.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.