ROCK SPRINGS — Beginning Monday, outpatient medical laboratory testing at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County will be temporarily housed in a different location.
In an effort to ensure patient, staff and community safety, the outpatient lab will be housed in the MHSC Foundation offices. There is no need to come directly into the hospital. The new location has a separate entrance between the hospital’s main door and the Specialty Clinics, according to MHSC Public Information Officer Deb Sutton.
The Foundation building offers easy access and ample parking, including several handicapped-accessible spaces. The laboratory will continue to operate from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekends. It will be staffed to meet all patient needs, including full admission services.
The same services that patients have received in the past will still be offered, such as blood draws and collections for other
medical laboratory tests.
For more information, please call the lab at 307-352-8360. Wellness screenings continue to be available every Tuesday and Wednesday. Walk-ins are welcome.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.