POSITION DESCRIPTION:Pipeline equipment operators and crew laborers will be responsible for the basic level installation of pipeline materials such as cables, test stations and construction barriers. This is primarily a manual labor job in an outdoor work environment that requires travel. This position will assist the foreman and crew members in job completion. On-the-job training is provided, and the laborer will be given opportunities to grow and advance their skills & abilities. The laborer may operate a variety of hand & power tools, clean & prepare job sites while working in close proximity to other contractors performing a variety of tasks. Equipment operators must be qualified in the use of backhoes, mini excavators, skid steers, ride on trenchers and forklifts.
- May include digging, trenching, and all other aspects of cable and pipe installation.
- Follow all on-site safety procedures.
- Learn all aspects of the job description and assist the foreman as assigned.
- Setup, preparation, and cleanup of construction sites.
- Develop an understanding of buried utilities
- Lift heavy equipment, supplies and materials
- Focus on quality and safety
- Possess a willingness to learn
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record (no more than 2 tickets in the last 5 years)
- Completion of state and federal background checks
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screenings (Drug Free Employer)
- Must be a US Citizen, or have required paperwork in place
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma