The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Incumbents in this position provide leadership and direction in the effective operation and maintenance of equipment and processes in a safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Supervise, schedule, evaluate, train, and motivate hourly personnel. Maintain high level of confidentiality. The incumbent is also expected to provide leadership in process, organizational, and personnel improvement efforts. He/she will also perform at a high level in positively relating to others and positively representing to others the views of his/her leadership. The incumbent will be a proactive maintenance and operations leader, identifying process and equipment vulnerabilities and creating plans to act upon findings.
- Maintain good lines of communication among departments, crews, and other supervisors.
- Ensure direct reports have the training and tools to complete jobs safely and efficiently.
- Strengthen and improve safety in the workplace through compliance with rules and regulations, safety, inspections, and training.
- Ensure environmental compliance through proper knowledge and enforcement of procedures and requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards and expectations.
- Participate in and support the CARE about safety program.
- Effectively encourage new and innovative ways of thinking.
- Set example, sustain open communications, coach hourly employees and provide training opportunities, set goals, conduct performance evaluations, remedy employee work issues.
- Uphold respectful workplace policies, enforce work rules.
- Supervise operating, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes.
- Communicate precise processes and procedures to direct reports.
- Attend in-house and outside technical and supervisory seminars and training session.
- Troubleshoot, monitor, maintain equipment.
- Complete reports and inspections as required.
- Control costs to a budget.
- Be responsible for equipment uptime and account for equipment downtime.
- Organize outages to minimize equipment downtime by establishing effective cross-departmental partnerships.
- High School Diploma or GED
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
- 3+ years experience as a supervisor in an Industrial Manufacturing environment.
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online HERE.