Located 20 miles west of Green River, Tata Chemicals is one of the world's leading producers of high-quality soda ash.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following position: Cost Accountant
- Participates in all aspects of the financial planning & analysis done by the company.
- Develops financial forecasts using complex financial models and tracks actual results.
- Ensures, along with other members of the finance and accounting department, that the books and records of the company are accurate and complete.
- Participates in the monthly close process.
- Prepares assigned portion of the management and operational reports.
- On an ongoing basis supports operational personnel in controlling costs and operating the business.
- Is regularly in the plant meeting with operations personnel and understanding current operations. Is a key participant in the capital planning and approval process.
- Uses and establishes financial models to create plans, forecasts, and budgets; with emphasis placed on timely capital project accounting with comparisons to timelines and budgets.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare general ledger account entries to document business transactions including inventory and cost of goods sold. Uses cost accounting techniques, such as standard costing and absorption costing, in process costing and variance reporting within the company’s accounting systems.
- Prepares monthly “flash” (preliminary results) report of plant and mine operational results for senior management.
- Prepares operational trend analysis comparing actual operating results with prior periods and forecasts.
- Prepares a variety of other operational reports.
- Analyzes existing processes and activities to advance cost and efficiency improvements.
- Analyzes proposed actions and capital projects to reasonably project the results.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA, CMA or FP&A credential is desirable. A background in financial analysis, particularly cost accounting is preferred.
Tata Chemicals is an Equal Employment and Drug Free workplace. Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org