Western Wyoming Community College is seeking a qualified Children's Center- Lead Teacher to join the team.
The Lead Teacher in the Children’s Center plans, supervises and implements approved curriculum in the classroom. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the day-to-day activities, lesson plans and developmentally appropriate learning opportunities in the Children’s Center. The incumbent must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to relate to children, parents, staff, and community members.
The College expects this individual to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective, and competent manner and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed. In addition, this individual must understand the comprehensive role of the community college and cooperate and work harmoniously with college personnel and the public. This individual will follow all college policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines as they relate to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, supervises, and implements approved curriculum in the classroom.
- Creates lesson plans using developmentally appropriate activities.
- Monitors the progress and development of each child. Conducts conferences with parents as requested.
- Trains, monitors, and evaluates classroom aides and student workers. Reports recommendations to Center Director
- Ensure children are supervised by an authorized adult at all times
- Ensure the room is clean, inviting, stimulating and safe for the children and parents.
- Provide the children with a positive routine and simple rules that are understood and accepted by all.
- Supervise children to monitor and ensure safety and actively engage children in indoor/ outdoor play.
- Supervises practicum experiences for WWCC, local high school and other programs as requested.
- Foster positive and constructive relationships with children, their families, and staff.
- Confer regularly with outside agencies regarding behavioral or learning problems and support the implementation of plans that are developed.
- Assists Director in program level planning, recruiting and training.
- Attends meetings and conferences of professional organizations appropriate for early childhood educators, sometimes as a representative of the Children’s Center.
- Maintain current First Aid Certification, CPR certification, TB test, physical, and Blood Borne Pathogens Training. (Training provided)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Certificate and a Bachelor’s in a closely related field.
- Experience with and passion for working with young children.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and child abuse screening.
For those candidates who do not exactly meet all minimum qualifications, an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided comparable knowledge and abilities will be acceptable.
View full job description and apply online HERE.