The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role supports production efforts of the company/group by providing technical support to plant operating and the maintenance department. Responsible for DCS/PLC/HMI facility systems including the design, programing, and troubleshooting with an emphasis on Siemens PCS7.
- Continuous process improvements by leveraging existing process control applications as well as ongoing upgrades to existing automation throughout the facility.
- Support the process control portion of capital improvement and maintenance projects by providing design, programing, startup support and coordination of outside services as they relate to process controls.
- Perform periodic DCS maintenance duties as need to ensure long term system reliability.
- Project management of small project which can include supervision of contractor and plant maintenance associated with the equipment commissioning.
- As a team member of process controls work on the development of strategies that keep the facility current with appropriate control technologies
- Sharing knowledge with other engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel to develop their skills so they can better support the facility.
- Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) program including participation in Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Working knowledge of various Regulations and Standards including but not limited to OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ISO, and IEC
- B.S. in Engineering, with a concentration in Electrical or Electrical Controls preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must be proficient with at least one brand of PLC or DCS system. Special consideration will be given to candidates with Siemens PCS7 experience.
- Basic understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and their Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assignments.
- Worked on the design on control systems and development of electrical and motor elementary drawings, loop sheets, and P&IDs.
- Knowledge of various process control network.
Apply online HERE.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.