Wall Contractors is seeking concrete finishers, carpenters, and foremen to join the team.
- Experience is preferred.
- Excellent Pay, benefits available.
- Plenty of work year round.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our website www.wallcontractorsinc.com or stop by 2058 Westgate Drive in Rock Springs to pick up an application.
Performs concrete finishing, all aspects of placing concrete, rodding concrete, running finish machines, hand tools for troweling, and mucking / placing concrete. Works under the supervision of the foreman but is able to perform without supervision on all tasks. Leads crew members according to supervisor directions.
Required Tasks and Responsibilities
• Pours concrete for any flatwork, including curb and gutter, sidewalk, and stairs to meet plan requirements.
• Runs finishing machines and smoothens flat surfaces using hand-held tools for troweling.
• Perform all aspects of placing concrete for commercial and industrial.
• Ensures that exposed concrete is aesthetically appealing and according to plan requirements.
• Rodding concrete
• Provides guidance, direction, and instructions to the crew.
• Reads, studies, and analyzes plans and diagrams to understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be finished.
• Verifies that grade and elevation are exactly according to plans.
• Performs functions according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
• Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
• Performs other duties as determined and required by project need.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
• Required to be exact, highly accurate, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to lead, guide, and direct other crew members.
• Ability to receive instructions and work effectively as a team.
• Ability to self-perform various tasks without supervision.
• Ability to identify and handle proper tools for specific functions.
• Ability to listen and follow directions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to pay attention to details in small areas.
• Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
• Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
• Ability to read and understand a tape measure.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
• Marks reference points or cutting lines on work pieces, and measures materials or distances using pencil, scriber, square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
• Operates vehicles, mechanized devices, and/or equipment as required and if certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee may be required to lift heavy objects in awkward positions that require flexible range of motion. Specific vision abilities include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the project and will be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions, including rain, sleet, snow, wind, and heat. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. The employee is also required to frequently walk on uneven surfaces.
Hazards: May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold as well as certain unsafe environments; occasionally works near moving equipment and mechanical parts and electrical equipment; possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles; possible exposure to internal liquids. This is a safety sensitive position where a momentary lapse of attention can result in serious injury or death. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally very loud. Must follow all safety requirements carefully.
• Tool Bag
• Tape Measure
• Speed Square
• Sledge Hammer
• Wire Reel
• Pliers, Side Cutter Pliers
• Short and Long Floats
• Short and Long Steel Trowels
• ½” Radius Edgers
Concrete Laborer Requirements
• High School Diploma
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Health insurance
• Retirement plan
• Weekly Pay
• Vacation Pay
• Paid Holidays
• Full Time
• Year Round
• Waiting period may apply
This job description is a summary and may include other duties not listed above.
WALL CONTRACTORS, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY PROTECTED CLASS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO RACE, GENDER, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AND GENDER IDENTITY.
Job Type: Full-time