Jonah Energy LLC, a Denver-headquartered TPG Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners affiliate, is engaged in the business of acquiring, exploring, developing and producing natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids (“NGLs”) in the United States.
Jonah Energy is seeking to hire an experienced Field Mechanic.
Under minimal supervision, the Field Mechanic is responsible for service, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and overhauling of natural gas compressors and generators within the field.
The Field Mechanic is responsible for maintaining Internal Combustion Engines to be Emission Compliant with WDEQ. Schedules will be assigned as needed by Lead Mechanic which may include overtime and on call schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Mechanic will be assigned specific tasks including, but not limited to:
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair, and reassemble compressors, pumps, and generators.
- Maintain Emission Compliance of units in the field.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Take any corrective action to insure guaranteed operating efficiency of equipment.
- Provide guidance and coordination required for the remedial repairs and major equipment overhauls and operation.
- Take initiative and fulfills duties consistent with company standards, policies, and controllable expense budget.
- Distinguish the nature of sounds to determine if equipment is running correctly.
- Secures and maintains all Jonah-issued equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles and analysis of test equipment.
- Perform other miscellaneous mechanical duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be well versed with operation of natural gas compression / generators.
- Need a basic knowledge of Hydraulics.
- Need a basic knowledge of Engine Emissions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe work behavior and habits, and can guide others to do the same.
- Adequate computer skills to work with various computer programs.
- Ability to lift 80lbs, maneuver heavy objects and operate machinery.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to write legibly and intelligently
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Operate a vehicle safely (in all weather conditions) to drive to oil & gas equipment
locations located in rural/open range country.
- Work will be performed in hazardous driving and working conditions in all seasons of the year.
- Understand the safe operation of valves and facilities operating under high pressure/temperature.
- Caterpillar training a plus.
- Ariel Compressor training a plus.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required on natural gas equipment.
- Trade school a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Jonah Energy LLC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
.Visit Jonah Energy’s website.
Paid Advertisement - This post was paid for by the business or individual represented above. We reserve the right to remove any comments. If you'd like to advertise your business in a future promotion similar to this, call our Advertising Team at 307-922-0700 or send us a message.