The position’s primary contacts are customers. Typical interface will occur with Chief Electricians and underground supervisors. The position also has regular contact with the Warehouse operations to secure parts and the manufacturing facility to obtain technical assistance.
Key End Results
- Customer companies are provided with timely support on the installation of new and rebuilt equipment, insuring customer satisfaction.
- Customer companies are provided with technical support in the repair and troubleshooting of both new and rebuilt equipment
- Sales Engineer is assisted in development of customer specifications when preparing specific machine proposals.
- Repair parts and components are sold.
- Sales Team is assisted in meeting territorial sales objectives.
- Counsels customer on general mine site operations and general EHS requirements.
- Troubleshoots and repairs specific product items such as miners or shuttle cars.
- Able to write accurate field reports.
- Understands machine specifications and performs inspections for customers
- Counsels customer on preventive maintenance programs associated with specific Joy equipment.
- Participates in machine installation and commissioning to insure a flawless start-up.
- Generates reports related to specific start-up issues.
- Handles PSP projects in an efficient manner.
- Able to adjust Joy equipment to achieve operational targets and insures machine is operating to specifications.
- Measures and verifies actual operational parameters versus specifications.
- Knows how to effectively operate select Joy equipment including pre-start, start-up, shut-down and all safety procedures.
- Provides “hands on” training to customers at mine site on select equipment.
- Understands and is effective with Joy service applications such as Sales Force, SAP, Concur, etc.
- Understands mining system communications and sets correct parameters for effective operations under mine conditions.
- Effectively writes field service reports and understands root cause of problems on Joy equipment.
- Can effectively communicate at the mine level and influence positive decisions for repeat business.
- Attends and participates in both internal and external sales meetings.
Education / Qualifications
- The position requires 3-5 years underground experience related to the repair and installation of both electrical and mechanical components on Joy equipment along with competitive machinery.
- Must have MSHA underground certification and be able to meet all MSHA safety requirements.
- Preferred educational background is a BS in Electrical, Mining or Mechanical Engineering.