This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Dozers, Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Scapers, Blade, Paving Equipment, etc.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- May be required to locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit
- Must be willing to work varying hours and possible weekends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but un-involved written or oral instruction.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights an weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handling of objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance at heights up to 60 feet from ground level. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Rock Springs, United States
Minimum two years heavy equipment experience, preferably in road construction.