COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Nine individuals and three relay teams from the Wyoming women’s swimming and diving program were named to the All-Mountain West Team, the conference announced yesterday.
Juniors Samantha Burke and Isobel Ryan earned the most honors, making three individual teams along with the relay team.
Two seniors, four juniors, one sophomore and two freshman earned All-MW accolades. Four Cowgirls received all-conference honors for the first time.
University of Wyoming sports coverage
in Southwest Wyoming is supported by these great sponsors:
Harutjunjan Makes All-MW for the Fourth Time
Senior Maria Harutjunjan was named to the 200 butterfly All-MW team for the fourth time. Senior Kelly Sheldon made the all-conference teams in the 200 freestyle for the second consecutive year and 200 backstroke for the third consecutive year.
Burke was named All-MW in the 100 backstroke for the second time, and was a first-time all-conference honoree in the 100 butterfly and 200 individual medley.
Ryan earned all-conference honors in the 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle and 100 backstroke, each for the third year in a row. Junior CeeJay Harris made her first career all-conference team on the one-meter.
Junior Marcela Gramcko was also a first-time All-MW selection in the 200 backstroke.
Contreras Makes All Three All-Conference Teams
Karla Contreras was the lone sophomore to earn All-MW honors. She made all three diving all-conference teams for the second consecutive year.
Freshmen Hannah Mclean-Leonard and Monique Rae round out UW’s group of individual all-conference selections. McLean-Leonard qualified in the 100 butterfly, while Rae earned All-MW honors in the 200 backstroke.
The 400 medley relay squad was comprised of Ryan, Harutjunjan, Burke and McLean-Leonard. All three upperclassmen were members of last season’s all-conference 400 medley relay team.
The complete list of All-MW performers is below.
- Samantha Burke – 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard individual medley
- Karla Contreras – 1-meter springboard, 3-meter springboard, platform
- Marcela Gramcko – 200-yard backstroke
- CeeJay Harris – one-meter springboard
- Maria Harutjunjan – 200-yard breaststroke
- Hannah Mclean-Leonard – 100-yard butterfly
- Monique Rae – 200-yard backstroke
- Isobel Ryan – 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard freestyle
- Kelly Sheldon – 200-yard freestyle, 200-yard backstroke
- 400-yard medley relay – Isobel Ryan, Maria Harutjunjan, Samantha Burke, Hannah Mclean-Leonard