GREEN RIVER — Sweetwater County School District No. 2 Superintendent Craig Barringer reported a decrease in COVID-19 Coronavirus cases reported within the district this week.
“These numbers are lower than a few weeks ago,” Barringer said. “Our protocols and support from our families has made a big difference and it has allowed us to keep moving forward this school year.”
Barringer said the numbers tend to fluctuate, which is why they check the total number every Friday to get an idea of what the next week will look like for the district.
“There are some that will be back on Monday and others who will not be back until after Christmas break,” he said.
Friday, December 18, COVID-19 Case Update
- Expedition Academy – 1 staff positive
- Green River High School – 4 staff positive, 1 student positive, 36 students quarantined
- Harrison Elementary School – 1 staff positive, 2 staff quarantine, 2 students positive, 8 quarantine
- Lincoln Middle School – 1 staff positive, 1 staff quarantine, 3 students positive, 26 students quarantine
- Monroe Elementary – 1 positive student, 8 students quarantine
- Truman Elementary – 1 staff quarantine, 5 students quarantine
- Washington Elementary – 1 staff quarantine, 4 students quarantine
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.