SWEETWATER COUNTY — The Sweetwater County Treasurer would like to inform citizens of the options that are available to them with regards to payment of vehicle sales, vehicle registration and payment of property tax.
Renewals and property tax payments can be done online, by mail, or by phone.
The following services can be done by mail or phone:
- Sales tax and plates if the title is in the system
- Out of state transfers if the customer faxes or emails their current registrations from their state
- Mobile home moving permit applications
- Worker Temporary Permits if the customers fax or email their current registrations and proof of insurance
- Temporary permits if the customers fax or email their bills of sales
If a vehicle is purchased from an individual, customers can drive on a properly executed title for 45 days or 60 days on a notarized bill of sale, if the title is being held by a lending institution.
If there are specific questions, please refer to www.sweet.wy.us or call the office at (307) 872-3720.