UINTA COUNTY — Uinta County firefighters had to run a lot of hose to extinguish a fishing hut fire yesterday afternoon near Evanston.
According to a Facebook post from Uinta County Fire and Ambulance, on January 27, Uinta County firefighters responded to a report of a fishing hut on fire.
The fire occurred on Sulphur Creek, which is about 6.5 miles from Evanston. The fire started when a propane heater was too close to the side, the post states. In order to put the fire out, firefighters pulled quite of bit of hose from the shoreline to reach the fire.
No injuries were reported.