SWEETWATER COUNTY — Sweetwater County Public Health is currently scheduling COVID-19 Coronavirus vaccination appointments for February.
They are still in Phase 1a and 1b. The vaccine is expected the first and third week of February with enough doses to schedule 1,560 first dose appointments in February.
Public Health’s call center is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm until slots are full.
They are still waiting on guidance from the Wyoming Department of Health for the 65-69 age group and people with health conditions. Their focus for the appointment clinics is residents 70 and over.
Castle Rock Medical Center 307-872-4500 is also offering limited appointments for February.
To schedule an appointment with Public Health, call 307-922-5390.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.