GREEN RIVER — Sweetwater County School District (SCSD) No. 2 Superintendent Craig Barringer is reporting five students and one employee within the district have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a short press release from Barringer, “the number of students and staff who are out of school, either quarantined or testing positive for COVID, remain small.”
As of today, Friday, January 15, there are five students and one staff member who have tested positive in the district, Barringer said. There are 24 students and four staff members who are quarantined at this time.
All families that were of concern have been contacted.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t practical.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.