GREEN RIVER — Sweetwater County School District (SCSD) No. 2 celebrated and honored its nine retirees earlier this month with a retirement social.
The retirees include Linda Malone, Richard Percifield, Denise Shears, Terri Jones, John Bath, Janice Maestas, Eva Pieda, Mary Shaw, and Ronna Lake.
Linda Malone: Counselor
- Malone started her career in SCSD No. 2 in as a Counselor at Green River High School. She held that position until May 2013.
- From fall 2013 to May 2017 she was a transition counselor at Green River High School.
- In the final leg of her career, she was a counselor at Lincoln Middle School from fall 2017 to May 2022.
Richard Percifield: Counselor
- Percifield was hired on August 24, 2011 and spent his entire career as a Counselor at Truman Elementary School.
- Percifield was also a speech and debate assistant coach for four years and an 8th grade boys basketball head coach for three years.
Denise Shears: First Grade Teacher
- Shears began her career on January 14, 1981 as a first grade teacher at Harrison Elementary School where she stayed until spring of 1981.
- From the fall of 1981 until May of 1988, Shears was a first grade teacher at Jackson Elementary School.
- From August of 1988 through May of 2007, Shears returned as a first grade teacher at Harrison Elementary School.
- August of 2007 brought Shears back to Jackson Elementary School to teach first grade until May of 2018.
- In August of 2018 Shears moved the final time into Monroe Elementary School to teach first grade.
Terri Jones: Elementary School Teacher
- Jones began in the district on August 29, 2007 as a third grade teacher at Truman Elementary School until the spring of 2009.
- She then taught third grade at Jackson Elementary School from fall 2009 to spring 2015.
- From fall 2015 to spring 2018, she taught fifth grade at Monroe Intermediate School.
- In the fall 2018 to spring 2019 she was a sixth grade teacher at Lincoln Middle School.
- For the last few years of her career, she spent from the fall 2019 to May 2022 as a fifth grade teacher at Truman Elementary School.
John Bath: Carpenter Maintenance
- Bath came to the district on November 8, 2010 and began working in the wood shop in the maintenance department.
- He retired on December 8, 2021.
Janice Maestas: Custodian
- Maestas started in the district in September 2014 as a transportation aide.
- From 2015 to 2020, she worked as a custodian at Lincoln Middle School.
- She then worked as a custodian at Monroe Elementary from 2021 to 2022.
Eva Pieda: Custodian
- Pieda spent the entirety of her career with the district as a custodian at Truman Elementary School. She started her career on October 2, 2006, and retired on November 30, 2021.
Mary Shaw: Water Safety Instructor/Lifeguard at the Aquatic Center
- Shaw started at the Aquatic Center as a water safety instructor and lifeguard on September 29, 2014.
Ronna Lake: Instructional Aide
- Lake began working in the fall of 2003 at Truman Elementary School as an AR – Substitute Teacher.
- In fall 2007, Lake became a Title I Aide at Truman Elementary School.
- In fall 2015, Lake moved over to Harrison Elementary School where she worked as an Instructional Aide.
Congratulations to all the retirees!