ROCK SPRINGS– Over 200 people attended the second annual fundraising event, ARTini in Bank Court on Friday, August 23 in support of the Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency and Sweetwater County Concert Association.
The Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency continues to make improvements in the downtown area with ongoing donations. The Sweetwater County Concert Association is also a non-profit organization specializing in bringing live professional artistic performers and the best family entertainment value to residents in Sweetwater County.
At first, the wind presented a big challenge to organizers and vendors of the event, but a fun time was had by all. ARTini was a celebration of culinary, musical, and visual art. The evening also featured raffles. Revenue from the event increased by 39% from last year.
Chef Leah Martinez-Lassise from Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County surprised taste buds with these heavy hors d’oeuvres:
- Homemade Cashew Butter-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Bourbon Meatballs
- Jalapeno Pops
- Grilled Mojito Shrimp
- Peach Mint Caprese
- Fruit Tower
- Fluffy Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Creamy Vanilla Fruit Dip
Music was provided by Affirmation.
Local and statewide mixologists created their unique martinis while competing for four coveted titles. The following are this year’s winners:
- Local’s Choice: Square State Brewing – “The Beers Knees” (Mike Hulen)
- Most M’artisinal: Backwards Distillery – “The Freakshow” (Mallory Pollock)
- Judges’ Choice: Cowboy Country Distilling Company – “Lime Drop Basil Martini”
- Peoples’ Choice: Bitter Creek Brewing – “The Wonderful World of Disney” (Kaelah Deporto)
“It’s an incredible feeling having such a strong community,” Mike Hulen, Owner of Square State Brewing expressed. “We couldn’t be prouder of earning Local’s Choice.”
Participants in the “martini vendor line” included:
- Joe’s Liquor & Bar: Amy Rasdall
- Joe’s Liquor & Bar: Kate Laney
- Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar: Katie Kumer
- Sapporo’s: Angela Chen
- Sapporo’s: Brooke Richardson
- Talitha Blatter
- Sweetwater County Concert Association: Tara Tripp
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits: Peggy O’Brien
- Rock Springs Main Street/URA: Trina Brittain
Donated items for the live and silent auctions included a Christmas Light Décor Package, a get-a-way to Jackson, a one-night stay at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort and many more.
Sponsors for the event included:
- Rocky Mountain Power
- Joe’s Liquor & Bar
- City of Rock Springs
- Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County
- Sweetwater Board of Cooperative Educational Services
- Genesis Alkali
- Commerce Bank
Of course, an event can’t be successful without volunteers.
“As always, we’d like to give our volunteers a huge shout-out. They really saved this event,” Marketing Events Coordinator Trina Brittain said. “Some came at a moment’s notice and we really appreciate it.”
The Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency is charged with the redevelopment of Downtown Rock Springs. As part of their mission, there are three standing committees – Business Development, Promotions and Arts and Culture. For more information on the program, contact the Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency at 352-1434 or visit their website, downtownRS.com.