SWEETWATER COUNTY — The Sweetwater County Sheriff Mike Lowell and the County Department of Public Works have issued an advisory concerning adverse weather and travel conditions throughout Sweetwater County.
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a Winter Storm Warning for snow and wind, which is in effect until 11:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time, on Friday, February 24, 2017.
I-80 between Exit 83, the La Barge Road Exit, west of Green River, and Point of Rocks, east of Rock Springs, is CLOSED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS as of 10:15 AM.
In addition, the Wyoming Department of Transportation is advising, due to slick conditions and drifting snow with snowfall, no unnecessary travel as follows:
- US 191 Between the Utah State Line and I-80
- US 191 Between Rock Springs and Farson
- WY 371 Between I-80 and Superior
- WY 374 Between WY 372 and Green River
- WY 430 Between Rock Springs and the Colorado State Line
- WY 530 Between Green River and the Utah State Line
In addition, county authorities are advising no unnecessary travel on county roads anywhere in Sweetwater County.
Updated bulletins will be posted later in the day. To stay informed of highway conditions statewide, consult the Wyoming DOT website.