ROCK SPRINGS — For those who have found difficult to make time to get a COVID-19 vaccine, Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County’s free drive-thru clinic may be the answer.
The hospital has 500 Moderna vaccines it plans to administer from 2-7 p.m. April 9 and 10 during a drive thru clinic at the hospital’s main entrance. Those getting the vaccine must be 18 years old or older.
Here’s how you can get the first of two Moderna vaccines:
- Please travel east up Skyline to the hospital entrance. Avoid College Drive for entry.
- Once on campus, drive along the front of the hospital to the main entrance under the awning at 1200 College Drive.
- You’ll be asked to fill out some paperwork.
- Pull forward under the awning to receive your vaccine.
- You’ll then be asked to pull into a parking area to wait for 15 minutes as a precaution
- against possible reactions.
MHSC will schedule a booster clinic May 7 and 8 to offer the second vaccine. You’ll be provided with information on the drive-thru times, other health precautions and a vaccination card that you must bring back for the second vaccine. Those who have questions can call 307-352-8561.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.