CHEYENNE — After holding its first organizational meeting recently, Governor Mark Gordon’s Gas and Diesel Price Working Group has announced two public meetings in July.
The public meetings will take place from 1-5 p.m. on July 15 and July 22 in the Herschler Building’s Connector Auditorium in Cheyenne. The meetings will also be available via zoom.
The first meeting on July 15 will include presentations on the current fuel tax, the distribution of gas and diesel in Wyoming, and information on general fuel market supply and demand impacts. The public will also have the opportunity to comment and provide suggestions.
A copy of the agenda that includes a Zoom link for the meeting is available here, and via a link on the homepage of the Governor’s website. Members of the public are encouraged to email Chair Brenda Henson at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if they wish to give a presentation.
Members of the group include:
- Brenda Henson, Director of the Department of Revenue (Chair);
- Luke Reiner, Director of the Department of Transportation;
- Senator Ed Cooper;
- Representative Mike Greear;
- Representative Clark Stith;
- Bobby Rolston, Industry;
- Sheila Foertsch, Wyoming Trucking Association;
- Jeremiah Rieman, Wyoming County Commissioners Association;
- Jonathan Downing, Colorado-Wyoming Petroleum Marketers Association
- Sam Shumway, Director of the Wyoming American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).
“I’m grateful for these individuals’ willingness to step forward and examine an issue that is impacting each of us here in Wyoming,” Governor Gordon said. “I look forward to their input as we seek to provide relief for consumers.”
“These meetings will be an opportunity for the working group to receive information as we seek recommendations for reducing the price of fuel at the pump. We have a lot of work to do and greatly appreciate ideas from the public as we move forward,” Brenda Henson said.