The Sweetwater County Clerk’s Office has some helpful information for residents who may have questions about registering to vote on November 3.
State law provides that a person may register to vote not less than 14 days before an election.
“Qualified elector” includes:
- Being a citizen of the United States
- Being at least eight (18) years of age on the day of the next general election
- Being a bona fide resident of Wyoming
- Not currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
- Has not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted has had his civil or voting rights restored
Voter registration closes at the close of business on Monday, October 19, 2020. If you are not sure if you a registered voter, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at 307-872-3733, and they will be happy to check for you.
The Sweetwater County Clerk’s Office is open Monday—Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 80 W Flaming Gorge Way in Green River.
They will be offering two late-night registration dates to accommodate those that would like to register to vote after hours. You may also register to vote at the polls on Election Day.
- October 14, 2020, at the Rock Springs City Hall in the lobby from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- October 15, 2020, at the Sweetwater County Courthouse West Entrance in Green River from the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Cynthia L. Lane
Sweetwater County Clerk