GREEN RIVER — The Green River High School (GRHS) Athletic Department has announced that Rikki Shantz, head volleyball coach at GRHS, has decided to step down from her position.
Shantz has been the GRHS head volleyball coach for the past 14 seasons.
“It has been an honor to work with so many great student-athletes over the years. Watching my volleyball girls chase their dreams and give their all has been the joy of my life. My heart and life are better because of the great people in this chapter of my life. My next chapter will be watching my daughters chase their dreams and focusing on family for the next few years,” Shantz said in a press release.
Green River High School sports coverage is brought to you by these amazing sponsors:
Shantz’ list of achievements while coaching for GRHS is a long one, including a 4A State Championship title in 2009. See the list below for Shantz’ achievements.
- 14 Years as Head Coach
- 1 Wyoming 4A State Championship Team
- 1 West Regional Tournament Championship Team
- 1 Wyoming High School State Coach of the Year Honor
- 3 Wyoming West Regional Conference Coach of the Year Honors
- Wyoming High School All-Star Coach
- 6 Wyoming High School State Tournament Qualifying Teams
- 6 College Athletes – Playing Volleyball
- 26 Wyoming 4A West All-Conference Volleyball Players
- 7 Wyoming 4A All-State Volleyball Players
“Coach Shantz has put in a great deal of time over the years with our Green River High School volleyball program,” GRHS Athletic Director Tony Beardsley said. “It’s been a pleasure working with Rikki and I wish her the best in all that she does. Coach Shantz is a special person who cares deeply about the sport of volleyball and all of the student-athletes she’s coached.”
As of now, Beardsley said there is no set date on when a search will begin to replace Coach Shantz.