Sublette County Unified Fire Puts Out Chimney Fire

Sublette County Unified Fire Puts Out Chimney Fire

PINEDALE — On Friday, January 8, 2021, Sublette County Unified Fire (SCUF) was dispatched to the report of a chimney fire at a residence on Meadowlark, according to a press release from SCUF.

SCUF units from Stations 1, 2 and 4 responded to the report of a chimney fire at a residence off of Meadowlark Lane. On arrival, fire personnel quickly entered the residence and cooled down the fire in wood stove from inside the home, the release states. The residence was checked for any fire extension into the structure around the stove pipe and the smoke was cleared from the home.

Fire units cleared the scene once the wood stove and stove pipe had cooled and no additional fire was located in the home. There were no injuries reported during this incident.

SCUF would like to remind residents to clean and inspect heating equipment regularly for proper operation and any signs that maintenance may be needed. Wood burning stoves are common in our community and provide safe effective heat as long as they are maintained properly.

Advertisement - Story continues below...

“We still have plenty of cold weather ahead of us this year. Take care of your wood stove heating equipment and it will continue to take care of you,” the SCUF press release stated.