SWEETWATER COUNTY — The Sweetwater County Commissioners will have discussions over the Fiscal Year 2022 budget requests as well as County reserves during the Board of County Commission meeting Tuesday morning.
The Commission is scheduled to meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Sweetwater County Courthouse in Green River. At its meeting, the Board is scheduled to hear the FY2022 budget request filings as well as discuss the County reserves and the latest mineral valuations.
Bonnie Berry, Sweetwater County Accounting Manager, will present the totals for the budget requests as they stand now. According to meeting packet documents, the total FY2022 budget request filings total $100.3 million. The request totals are as follows:
- County departments: $33.6 million
- Other (including grants, parks and recreation, and county road fund): $7.3 million
- Outside agencies: $5.6 million
- Other funds (including state and county roads fund, CDC building fun, health insurance fund): $14 million
- Component units: $5.4 million
- General fund reserves: $34.1 million
This year, the Commissioners have said they are having discussions with individual agencies and departments for budget requests to better figure out how much funding to allocate to each county agency and department.