Class will be back in session in Sweetwater County School District #1 on August 20, 2018.
1. Parents of students new to the District will need to provide a birth certificate or birth
registration, immunization record, and previous school records.
2. Upon registering with the District, parents/legal guardians shall submit two proofs of
residence (utility bill, rent, voter registration, etc.)
3. State law requires that any child entering kindergarten must have reached his or her
fifth birthday on or before September 15, 2018. Any child entering first grade must have
reached his or her sixth birthday on or before September 15, 2018.
4. When a particular grade level in a K -6 building has reached designated capacity limits,
students will be overflowed to another school determined by the District.
5. Bus schedules will be published prior to the opening of school. They will also be
available on the District web page, www.sweetwater1.org
6. Student health insurance will be made available through a private carrier.
School Start & End Time
- All Elementary Schools (Grades K-4) 8:15 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Pilot Butte & Eastside Elementary (Grades 5-6) 8:15 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Rock Springs Junior High (Grades 7-8) 7:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- Rock Springs High School (Grades 9 -12) 7:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- Desert School (Wamsutter: Grades K – 8) 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Black Butte High School (Grades 9-12) 7:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- Farson – Eden (Grades K – 5) 7:50 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
- Farson – Eden (Grades 6 – 12) 7:50 a.m. – 3:58 p.m.
Open House Information
Wednesday, August 15, 2018:
- Black Butte High School (Grades 9-12) 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 16, 2018:
- All K – 4 Elementary Schools 4:30 –5:30 p.m.
- Desert School (Wamsutter: Grades K -8) 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Pilot Butte and Eastside Elementary (Grades 5-6) 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Rock Springs Junior High School 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Farson-Eden School 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 22, 2018:
- Head Start 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018:
- Rock Springs High School 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Rock Springs High School Schedule Pickup and Lockers
- Seniors: Monday, August 13, 2018 8:00-11:30 a.m.
- Juniors: Monday, August 13, 2018 12:30-4:00 p.m.
- Sophomores: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:00-11:30 a.m.
- Freshman: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:30- 4:00 p.m.
Nutrition Services Information
Payment for meals can be arranged at registration, orientation, online, or the opening day of school. Meal prices are the same as last school year, $3.30 for secondary lunch and $2.15 for secondary breakfast and $2.85 for elementary lunch and $1.55 for elementary breakfast.
Free and reduced meal applications are available in the Food Service Office at the Central
Administration Building, online or the school offices.
Any parent planning to teach their children at home need to contact the Office of Curriculum and Instruction (352-3400, extension 1225) for the necessary forms.These forms must be filled out and returned by September 15th.
The mandatory reporting ages for children being taught at home are seven through sixteen (and/or through tenth grade). Home schooling forms have already been mailed to parents who have previously taught their children at home. Home school families and students are encouraged to attend regular classes to supplement home school education.
Paid Advertisement - This post was paid for by the business or individual represented above. We reserve the right to remove any comments. If you'd like to advertise your business in a future promotion similar to this, call our Advertising Team at 307-922-0700 or send us a message.