GREEN RIVER – Go Green with the City of Green River on Friday, April 22nd at Expedition Island from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. This year’s Earth Day event has expanded to offer fun outdoor activities for the family and a host of new vendors too. New to the Fair this year we will have a nine-hole Frisbee Golf Course on the Island.
This year Earth Day is 46 years old, and communities across America and the globe are celebrating the beauty and wonder of our planet and learning new and better ways to protect it. Today, millions of people participate in Earth Day activities, but it all started with one idea. One tree can start a forest, one day can change your life, one step begins every journey, and even one person can make a difference. Join the City of Green River and the Green Team as they explore all the ways that even one decision can make a real change.
To make the event bigger and better every year organizers have lots of vendors and educational booths.
- Sustainable Reading craft – Seed strips. Run by the Beautification Committee
- URA Main Street/Chamber – Educational
- City of Green River booths – Utilities Division, Solid Waste and Fire Department
- Smith’s Food & Drug – Organics, non-foods, and educational
- Taco Time – Food vendor
- Sweetwater County Historic Museum – Educational and selling Wyo. Made products
- Brass Goggles – Homemade crafts – upcycled
- Sweetwater County Library – Educational and a STEM activity
- Green River Green Belt – Educational
- Wyoming Game and Fish – Aquatic Invasive Species – Educational
- Games made out of recycled material
Admission to the event is free.
Sponsors of this year’s fair include – TATA Chemicals, Radio Network, Ace Hardware, Smith’s, Taco Time, and URA Main Street.