This recipe we do as a family every year because the little ones favorite part is topping that cookie with the Hershey’s kiss. What little one doesn’t love chocolate. This isn’t our family recipe but the cookies will always turn out the same with a little love.
I actually had an itch to make some cookies, so I did. Later that evening I was scrolling through my Facebook feed when I came across this picture of me teaching my nephew how to bake some cookies. Little to my knowledge someone took a picture of us really into our baking.
This year he is a few years older and has a baby sister he helps take care of and teach her different things. It makes me feel good to know I was a good influence.Advertisement - Story continues below...
~ Kim Armstrong
Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Recipe
Prep: 60 minutes
Total: 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar
- About 36 Hershey’s Kisses milk chocolates, unwrapped
Heat oven to 375°F.
In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack
You can take part in the Christmas Cookie Contest too. Learn how here!
How To Participate
While you’re doing your annual baking of cookies this month, send us your favorite Christmas cookie recipe along with a photo of the finished cookie product and we will post your recipe to our website!
- Email recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional: Feel free to send in any additional photos of the baking process or of you making the cookies to include with your recipe. It’s all in the Christmas Cookie Spirit!
- Optional: Include a little background information about your recipe or about your experience making the cookies to go along with the recipe, if you like.
As our Christmas gift to you, one lucky cookie recipe contestant will win a $25 gift card to the Outlaw Inn.
- The winner will be announced Thursday, December 22. Winner will be randomly chosen.