ROCK SPRINGS — Within 24 hours of the Memorial Hospital Foundation’s announcement of a COVID-19 Response Fund, donations are approaching $10,000.
Genesis Alkali pledged a $5,000 donation in support of the effort during this pandemic.
“It’s important, now more than ever, to support our local hospital as they prepare to face patients who test positive for the COVID-19 virus,” said Fred Von Ahrens, Genesis Alkali Vice President of Manufacturing.
“I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your generous donation and support for the hospital and its Foundation,” said Taylor Jones, MHSC Board of Trustees President. “This donation is welcome and our communities definitely will benefit from it.”
David Caplan, Genesis Alkali Director of Communications, hopes the Genesis Alkali donation is just the beginning of donations from the Trona Patch and other local industries that want to get involved with monetary donations.
“We are starting with a $5,000 donation to encourage other individuals and companies to come forward,” Caplan said.
Bruce and Carla Pivic donated $2,000 through their businesses, while Von Ahrens and his wife Susie made a personal donation of $1,000. Charlie Van Over, Memorial Hospital Foundation President, also donated $1,000.
Donations of $100 each have been pledged by Jim and Dianne Blazovich, and Theresa Loisante. In addition to these donations, the Foundation also has received various pledges from individuals who want to donate their COVID-19 stimulus checks when they arrive.
Donations are tax-deductible and can be made by visiting MHSCFoundation.com or by mailing a check. Checks can be made payable and sent to Memorial Hospital Foundation, 1200 College Drive, Rock Springs, WY 82901.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, like a temperature of 100 or greater or a cough, DO NOT go to the Emergency Room.
Please call your primary care provider or either Castle Rock Medical Center (Green River) at 307-872-4590 or Memorial Hospital’s Triage Line (Rock Springs) at 307-522-8523. The hotline is available 24/7.
Health professionals will be available to discuss your symptoms and address concerns regarding COVID-19 to determine if a visit or further testing is necessary.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Social Distancing – Stay 6 feet apart from others and
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you sneeze or cough and then throw the tissue away. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched areas. For example: door knobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, tables, keyboards, phones, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose with unwashed hands.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.