CHEYENNE — A short press release sent this afternoon from the office of Governor Mark Gordon confirmed Governor Gordon has tested positive for the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
The release states “Governor Mark Gordon received results today of a COVID-19 test that showed he is positive for the virus. He only has minor symptoms at this time and plans to continue working on behalf of Wyoming remotely.”
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t practical.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.