To the residents of Sweetwater County:
There are some important facts we would like to share:
- The dangers of COVID-19 are real.
- The Delta variant is in Sweetwater County and can affect anyone, no matter their age.
- The people who become the sickest from the Delta variant are those who are not vaccinated.
- Greater than 95 percent of hospitalizations and greater than 99 percent of deaths from COVID are among the unvaccinated.
- Vaccination will reduce your risk of getting severe symptoms and dying of COVID-19.
- If everyone gets vaccinated, then healthcare professionals can continue to take care of the other medical emergencies that occur every day.
- If you are concerned about the vaccine’s safety, please ask your health care provider or call the COVID hotline at 800-232-4636.
- Our hospital is running low on resources, and other, larger facilities are full. That means we might not be able to transfer you, if you need a higher level of care.
- Please help us help you, by getting vaccinated, so that we can help everyone in our community requiring medical attention.
- There is a drive-thru vaccine clinic from 3 – 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the hospital.
- Please help your family, friends, county, state, and country by getting vaccinated.