SWEETWATER COUNTY– The Sweetwater County Commissioners will meet Tuesday, March 3, at 8:30 am at the Sweetwater County Courthouse Commissioners Chambers.
The commissioners will discuss the 6th penny tax at the meeting, in which they will be going over priority projects for each entity and municipality. At the February 4 meeting, the commission decided on the 6th penny allocations in the event that the public votes for the 6th penny tax in November.
The 6th penny projects are capped at $80 million. A breakdown of the allocations can be seen here.
The commission will also host a public hearing for a budget amendment for the Sweetwater County Attorney’s Office as well as the Sweetwater Events Complex.
Other action and presentation items include a discussion of the iDoc Marketplace with possible action. They will also consider approval of the FY 2020 Drug Enforcement Administration Letter of Agreement and related certifications.
The commission will make a board appointment to the Solid Waste Disposal District #1 board. They will consider an amendment to the Castle Rock Hospital District Human Services Agreement.
They will hear a progress update on the Lagoon Drive Consolidated Facility. Strategic planning will take place prior to the 6th penny discussion which will close out the regular meeting.
Check out the complete agenda below.
The main agenda is as follows:
- 8:30 am – Call to Order
- 8:40 am – County Resident Concerns
- 8:50 am – Public Hearing- Budget Amendments
- Attorney’s Office
- Events Complex
- 9 am- Commissioner Comments/Reports
- 9:50 am – iDoc Marketplace
- 10 am – Renewal of Liquor Licenses
- 10:10 am – Approval of the FY 2020 Drug Enforcement Administration Letter of Agreement and Related Certifications
- 10:15 am – Approval for the Sheriff’s Office to participate in the Federal Asset Forfeiture and Equitable Sharing Programs
- 10:20 am – Request to approval to re-classify existing position and to restaff the position in Sheriff’s Office
- 10:30 am – Solid Waste Disposal District #1- Rock Springs Board Appointment
- 10:35 am – Request approval to staff seasonal positions in the Facilities Parks Department
- 10:40 am – Request approval to staff seasonal laborer position in the Road and Bridge Department
- 10:45 am – Request approval of staff seasonal position in the Engineering Department
- 10:50 am – Annual Road Maintenance Plan SWCO and US Forest Service
- 10:55 am – Amendment to the Castle Rock Hospital District Human Service Agreement
- 11:05 am – Progress Update on the Lagoon Drive Consolidated Facility
- 11:25 am – Resolution for Welcome Home Wyoming Program (to allow enhancements to 1st mortgage and down payment assistance program operating statewide since 2014)
- 11:35 am – Strategic Planning
- 11:50 am – 6th Penny
- 12:20 pm – Other
- Executive Session – As Needed
Read the full agenda here.
Read the complete packet here.