The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest initiative to raise awareness and fund for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
The Alzheimer’s Association strives to:
- Help families across Wyoming by continuing to provide and enhance programs focusing on education and support.
- Advance critical research studies into methods of treatment, prevention and ultimately, a cure.
- Speak up for the needs and rights of those facing Alzheimer’s through our public policy initiatives.
- More Americans die each year from Alzheimer’s and other dementia than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- More than 5 million people have Alzheimer’s disease, including over 9,400 in Wyoming. Along with their 28,000 caregivers, dementia directly affects 7% of the Wyoming population.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and Wyoming, and the only cause of death among the top 10 without a way to prevent, cure or even slow its progression.
- The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s.
~ Alzheimer’s Association