SWEETWATER COUNTY — The Fremont County Coronavirus Unified Command announced Wednesday evening that Walmart pharmacies will begin administering COVID-19 Coronavirus vaccines in Wyoming starting Friday, February 12.
This is being done through the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
According to Walmart, the Rock Springs Walmart is among the stores in Wyoming that will be administering the vaccine to eligible residents.
Walmart is following state and federal vaccine distribution guidelines, which means eligible residents must belong to the priority groups under phase 1A, 1B, and 1C of the state’s vaccine distribution plan.
Appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine can be made on Walmart’s website here. The Fremont County Coronavirus Unified Command said that if the site is not functioning, revisit as they may have start up issues.
More information from Walmart on the vaccine can be found below:
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.