CHEYENNE – Following federal and state guidance on gatherings due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, the Wyoming Game and Fish Department is announcing the following cancellations and changes to spring events and meetings.
All Game and Fish season setting meetings will move to an online forum. Participants will be able to watch recorded videos that address:
- Chapter 2, General Hunting Regulation
- Chapter 5, Antelope Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 6, Deer Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 7, Elk Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 8, Moose Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 9, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 11, Upland Game Bird and Small Game Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 14, Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons and Light Goose Conservation Order
- Chapter 15, Wild Bison Recreational Hunting Season
- Chapter 20, Fall and Spring Wild Turkey Hunting Seasons
The public can submit comments through the website. Videos will be posted on Thursday, March 26, on the Public Meetings webpage. The public comment period, which is open now, closes at 5 p.m., April 3.
The following is a listing of additional cancellations. This listing will be updated regularly on the Game and Fish COVID-19 webpage.
- The Wyoming Outdoor Weekend, May 7-9, in Lander is cancelled.
- Hunter education courses are suspended for in-person classes through the month of April. For questions, please contact Katie Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 777-4542.
- The 2021 Conservation Stamp Art Show reception on April 10 in Cheyenne has been cancelled. A panel of judges will still review submissions and select winners. For questions contact Margaret James at email@example.com or (307) 777-4591.
- Sage-grouse local working group Southeast meeting on March 27 is cancelled. For questions contact Leslie Schreiber (307) 527-7125.
- All aquatic invasive species trainings for the public are cancelled for the spring. For questions contact Josh Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 721-1374.