ROCK SPRINGS — A Rock Springs woman tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. She is the 10th COVID-19 case in Sweetwater County.
Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County was notified by a private lab of the woman’s test.
The woman is in her 40s and is considered to be in good condition according to Sweetwater County Public Health. She is self-isolating at home at this time.
Four Sweetwater County people who tested positive are now fully recovered. The others remain in self-isolation in good condition with only mild symptoms treatable from home.
Sweetwater County Public Health will conduct contact tracing to identify other potential COVID-19 cases.
The MHSC reported it has collected 438 COVID-19 tests with 398 returned negative, 8 positive and 32 pending results.
Castle Rock Medical Center reported it has collected 67 COVID-19 tests with 65 returned negative, 2 positive and 0 pending results.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t practical.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.