SWEETWATER COUNTY– The Sweetwater County Commissioners will meet Tuesday, March 17, at 8:30 am at the Sweetwater County Courthouse Commissioners Chambers.
Despite growing concerns over Coronavirus (COVID-19), the commissioner meeting will proceed as normal.
The commissioners will consider a resolution for the Welcome Home Wyoming Program, which will provide consent for the Cheyenne House Authority to provide second loan opportunities for the purchase of affordable housing within Sweetwater County by qualifying low to moderate income households.
Treasurer Robb Slaughter will lead a discussion over Sweetwater County funding and will discuss funding options for the Lagoon Drive Consolidation Facility.
Sweetwater County Public Health officials will provide the commissioners with information and updates about COVID-19.
The commissioners will consider an amendment to the Sweetwater County and Jamestown-Rio Vista Water and Sewer District agreement for Covered Wagon Park.
The Commissioners will also listen to the Western States and Tribal Nations Natural Gas initiative.
Lastly, the commissioners will hear an update from Sweetwater Climb Wyoming on their 2019 Impact and 2020 programs for Sweetwater low-income single mother families.
Check out the complete agenda below.
The main agenda is as follows:
- 8:30 am – Call to Order
- Public Hearing- Planning and Zoning
- Joseph Flaim- Conditional Use Permit- Impound, salvage, and storage of vehicles
- Stauffer’s Towing- Conditional Use Permit- Impound and storage of vehicles
- John B. Doak- Conditional Use Permit- Asphalt plant/storage of 30,000 gallons of liquid asphalt
- Freedom Oilfield Services, Inc.- Conditional Use Permit- Above ground storage of combustible liquid in excess of 1,000 gallons
- 8:50 am – County Resident Concerns
- 9 am- Commissioner Comments/Reports
- 9:50 am – Resolution for Welcome Home Wyoming Program
- 10 am – Board Appointment- Health Board
- 10:05 am – Filing of positions and salaries from agencies receiving county funding
- 10:10 am – Sweetwater County funding discussion
- 10:25 am – Discussion of funding options for the consideration of the Lagoon Drive Consolidated Facility
- 10:40 am – Approval of Judge Robinson’s furniture request
- 10:50 am – 2020 Southwest Wyoming Adventure Magazine & Chamber Map
- 11 am – Sweetwater County Public Health COVID-19 information and update
- 11:15 am – Request approval to staff position in the Engineering Department
- 11:20 am – Sweetwater County pay plan update
- 11:40 am – Amendment to County-District Agreement- Covered Wagon Park
- 11:55 am – Western States and Tribal Nations Natural Gas Initiative
- 12:40 pm – Sweetwater Climb Wyoming update on 2019 Impact and 2020 programs for Sweetwater low-income single mother families
- 1 pm- Other
- Executive Session – As Needed
Read the full agenda and packet here.