GREEN RIVER — Sweetwater County School District No. 2 (SCSD No. 2) Superintendent Craig Barringer reported today that at least three schools in the district have more than 20 students quarantined due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
The following is an updated COVID-19 case list for SCSD No. 2:
- Expedition Academy: 1 staff positive
- Green River High School: 3 staff positive; 4 staff quarantine
- 3 students positive; 23 students quarantine
- Lincoln Middle School: 1 staff positive; 5 staff quarantine
- 2 students positive; 26 students quarantine
- Harrison Elementary: 2 staff positive; 8 staff quarantine
- 20 students quarantine
- Monroe Elementary: 3 students quarantine
- Truman Elementary: 2 staff quarantine
- 1 student positive; 11 students quarantine
- Washington Elementary: 2 staff positive; 1 staff quarantine
- 5 students positive; 7 students quarantine
- Granger Elementary: 1 staff quarantine
All families that were of concern have been contacted.
THE LATEST COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS NEWS & INFO FROM THE WYOMING DEPT. OF HEALTH
What to do if you feel sick: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms, please call your primary care provider or seek medical attention.
Please follow these tips to slow the spread of this virus:
- Follow Public Health Orders
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings, especially when physical distancing of at least 6 feet isn’t available.
- Stay home when sick and avoid other people unless you need medical attention.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Older people and those with health conditions that mean they have a higher chance of getting seriously ill should avoid close-contact situations.
- Long-term care and healthcare facilities should follow guidelines for infection control and prevention.
For current news, updates, closures and resources, please visit our COVID-19 Coronavirus page here.