FARSON — DEQ has spotted harmful algal blooms (cyanobacteria) at Eden Reservoir, Big Sandy Reservoir (west of the dam), and Flaming Gorge Reservoir at Firehole Beach.
“Based on the visual blooms, they issued a warning to Public Health and said the DEQ website will be updated later today,” said Public Health Response Coordinator Ronda Zancanella. “The water samples are in testing and the actual results are still pending.”
Samples have been collected and results are pending. Until results are confirmed, the following is recommended:
- Avoid Contact with water near the bloom.
- Do not ingest water from the bloom.
- Rinse fish with clean water and eat only the fillet portion.
- Avoid water spray from the bloom.
- Do no allow pets or livestock to drink water near the bloom.
- If people, pets or livestock come into contact with a bloom,
rinse off with clean water and seek medical attention.