SWEETWATER COUNTY– The Sweetwater County Commissioners will meet Tuesday, April 7, at 8:30 am via video conferencing.
Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus (COVID-19) recommendations, the commissioner meeting will not be accessible at the County Courthouse.
The public is invited to watch the meeting on the Sweetwater County YouTube channel.
The public can comment immediately following the public hearing presentation at about 8:30 am, and during the public comment section of the agenda at about 8:45 am by calling 307-872-3891, or by sending comments ahead of time via email to: email@example.com.
During the meeting, the commissioners will consider approval of a resolution that would declare Sweetwater County a “Second Amendment Sanctuary County”.
The resolution says, “the citizens of Sweetwater County, Wyoming derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearm recreation, hunting and shooting conducted within Sweetwater County as allowed under the United States and Wyoming Constitutions.”
It goes on to say, “it is an alienable right of the citizens of Sweetwater County to keep and bear arms for the defense of life, liberty and property.”
Check out the complete agenda below.
The main agenda is as follows:
- 8:30 am – Call to Order
- Budget Amendments- Public Hearing
- Facilities Maintenance
- 8:45 am – County Resident Concerns
- 8:50 am- Commissioner Comments/Reports
- 9:40 am – Wyoming AML update- SWCO Projects 2020
- 10 am – Ratification for delegation of authority to the Emergency Operation Center/Incident Command System
- 10:05 am – Ratification of Infectious Disease Control and Emergency Leave Policy
- 10:10 am – Surplus Real Estate
- 10:20 am – Discussion relative to Ambulance RFP
- 10:30 am – Second Amendment Resolution
- 10:35 am – Request to pay vendors weekly
- 10:40 am – Update on Election Equipment
- 10:45 am – Approval of the 2020 High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Grant Sub-Contract
- 10:50 am – Approval of the Volunteers of America Subaward Grant Agreement
- 10:55 am – Approval of the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Policy for the SWCO Department of Juvenile Probation
- 11 am – Award of 2020 SWCO Road 4-21 Bar X Road Upgrade
- 11:05 am – Award of 2020 SWCO Courthouse Re-roofing Project
- 11:10 am – Award of 2020 SWCO Courthouse Boiler Replacement Project
- 11:15 am – BLM Right-of-Way Grant for the Lagoon Road Combined Facility
- 11:20 am – Discuss Fire Warden rate of pay due to COVID-19 Incident Team
- 11:30 am – Request approval of Contract between Wyoming Military Department and Sweetwater County
- 11:40 am – Pay Plan Update
- 12:10 pm- Other
- Executive Session – As Needed
Read the full agenda and packet here.